GEOGRAPHY FORUM (2º ESO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is social diversity a good thing?

2 posters

Go down

Is social diversity a good thing? Empty Is social diversity a good thing?

Post by Carla Ruiz Belda Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

In my opinion, social diversity is a good thing but it is true that not for everyone.
Social diversity sometimes causes conflicts and wars, because of different beliefs, this usually has to do with the different religions.
We should accept everyone, it doesn't matter their skin color, their political views, economic opportunities, cultural values, ethnic origins, etc. We are all people and we need to respect each other. This is the basis of a plural society.
Social diversity can allow us to know other ways of thinking and understand better the world.
But sometimes social diversity can change some traditions because of people with different ways of thinking.

Conclusion:

Social diversity is a good thing because we can learn new cultures, customs, knowledges, ways of life, languages, traditions, history, ways of working, etc. from other people and from other areas.
All cultures can be enriched by it.
But it can also cause big problems and lots of conflicts.
The day in which all the world would change their way of thinking and everyone would respect each other, it would be a better place to live in.

Carla Ruiz Belda

Back to top Go down

Is social diversity a good thing? Empty Re: Is social diversity a good thing?

Post by Paula Saus Bartolomé Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Amazing job! The only part I don’t really agree with you is where you say that social diversity can sometimes change traditions because, in my opinion,
they don’t change. The fact of having people from other cultures just gives you a different perspective, and even helps you to understand their lifestyle.
But, wonderful piece of work!

Paula Saus Bartolomé

Back to top Go down