Are immigrants integrated into Spanish Culture?

Go down

Are immigrants integrated into Spanish Culture?

Post by Nicolas Robert Fernandez on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:59 pm

I think that immigrants who come to Spain are only partially integrated into the culture. I think that this is true because a lot of people that I see on the street look like they slightly judge someone that looks different or that maybe dresses different. One way that I do think that they are integrated is that no one segregates them in the way that they won’t let them sit next to them. Another reason that I think that why the immigrants aren’t fully integrated is that I feel like people from a certain region or country of origin all live in the same areas. This means that they don’t leave their neighbor hood and don’t get used to what is like. This means that when they finally do leave they may not no how to act, or in some cases speak the language in their city. This is what I think that the biggest setback that immigrants have when they come to Spain, the language. This is because a lot of the people who come to Spain are from Africa. Most of the languages in Africa aren’t based off of Latin like Spanish. This means that they have to start from scratch when it comes to learning Spanish.

Nicolas Robert Fernandez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are immigrants integrated into Spanish Culture?

Post by Uma.tomas on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:07 pm

I agree with you Nico, is also true that there are some countries that have special ways to get dress so when they come here they continue dressing like that but we can not do anything with that but I don’t think so that is a problem. I don’t agree amuch that people live in the same areas for example in Valencia there isn’t an specific place where only people from a country live I think people come and live in a place from the city.
Lastly if you come from another country and in the country you where they do not speak the same language it is normal that you don’t understand and it is dificulta for you, but I think that is normal because if for example you now go to China you may now how too speak Chinese if not you are not going to understand anything from them when they talk to you.
It was a great reflexion, good job!

Uma.tomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down